Vocational Education and Training (VET)
VET is TAFE certificates that students can study while completing their normal secondary schooling. Certificates II and III are studied to give credits for VCE Units 1 and 2 and VCE Units 3 and 4 respectively. Students can complete certificate 1 level to gain some skills for VCAL programs.
At Gisborne Secondary College we offer a wide range of VET programs. Some certificates are taught at school by VET qualified teachers while others can be studied by going to the TAFE one day week, while studying at school.
SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation (Outdoor education)
We are introducing a new VET study at school in 2019: SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation with Outdoor Education electives. This study score can contribute directly to the ATAR, either as one of the student’s best four studies (the primary four) or as a fifth or sixth study.
SHB30215 Certificate III in Makeup
We are inviting expression of interest from students in year 9-11 for Cert III in Makeup. We would like to offer this program at the College subject to numbers. Students can fill in VET application form to indicate their intention to complete this certificate at school.
The tables below provides information on these programs:
VET Certificates taught at school:
- CUF30107 Certificate III in Screen and Media (Full ATAR Score)
- CUA30915 Certificate III in Music Industry (Sound Production) Year 1 (Full ATAR Score)
- 22015VIC Certificate II in Automotive (Pre-Vocational) Year 1
- 22338VIC Building and Construction (Carpentry pre-apprenticeship)
- BSB20115 Certificate II in Business (only VCAL)
- UEE22011 Certificate II in Electro-technology (Career Start)
- 22209VIC Certificate II in Engineering Studies Year
- SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation (Outdoor education) (Full ATAR Score)
VET Certificates that maybe done outside of school
- 22246VIC Certificate II in Equine Studies Year 1 (Full ATAR Score)
- AHC20116 Certificate II in Agriculture/Horticulture/Conservation and Land Management
- HLT33015 Certificate III Allied Health assistance (partial Completion)
- ACM2110 Certificate II in Animal Studies
- MST20616 Certificate II in Applied fashion design and Technology
- SIT20316 Certificate II in Hospitality
- Sit20316 Certificate II in Kitchen Operations
- SIT20116 Certificate II in Tourism
- SHB30215 Certificate III in Makeup
- SHB30115 Certificate III in Beauty Services
- SHB20216 Certificate II in Salon assistant (hair)
- 22304VIC Certificate II in Plumbing
Students have to apply using subject selection forms. Please note there is a selection process. We also ask families to pay the materials cost for the VET subject
Any questions regarding VET can be directed to Kushum Rattan